Security Systems Technician
Security System Technician
Installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and support of Telecommunications and Security systems, in industrial environments (Oil and Gas Exploration, Drilling, Production, Pipeline and Refining).
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Read wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, and/or engineering instructions for installing, maintaining and repairing Telecommunications and Security Systems.
- Install, test, and train end users on Telecommunications and Security Systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair or replace defective components of improperly functioning Telecommunications and Security Systems.
- Plan and perform work employing thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
- Use standard test equipment, and analyze results to evaluate performance and determine appropriate repair path.
Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 5+ years of experience with industrial/hazardous area video security installations
- Working knowledge of computer Networks (LAN, WAN, SAN, Switches, Routers, etc.)
- Experience with computer operating systems, Windows Servers, Network Attached Storage and networking equipment setup and troubleshooting.
- Superior problem solving and communication skills.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Familiarization with local electronic security codes, hazardous area classifications and industry standards.
- Understanding and ability to work safely.
- Technical/electronics background
- Ability to pass drug and background screening.
- Offshore/onshore travel required with work in hazardous locations
Preferred Skills & Knowledge:
- Access Control System Vendor Certifications in Software House, Genetec, ProWatch and/or Lenel.
- Video Management System Vendor Certifications: Milestone, Genetec, OnSSI, Avigilon and/or other VMS system.
- Camera manufacturer certifications: Axis, Pelco, Synectics, VideoTec, Samsung and other industrial camera manufacturers.
1. Optimistic attitude
2. Communicate effectively
3. Professional and ethical behavior
4. Problem solver
6. Good listener
7. Must manage time efficiently and effectively
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional overnight travel and weekend and/or evening work.
Description: This position requires a moderate amount of stamina with the ability to perform the above essential job functions and within timetables. Some overtime work will be required.
Lifting: The employee must be able to lift up to 5 lbs. frequently and up to 25 lbs. occasionally for short durations.
Carrying: The employee must be able to carry up to 5 lbs. frequently and up to 25 lbs. occasionally for short distances.
Pushing/Pulling: The employee must be able to push/pull up to 5 lbs. frequently and up to 25 lbs. occasionally usually from desk level to floor or floor to desk level.
Other Physical Requirements: Upper extremity usage, motor coordination, range of motion, vision, hearing and balance should be in a range to safely preclude the harm or injury to the employee in this position or the harm or injury to other employees.
Environmental Considerations: The employee will in most cases work in a central air-conditioned building; however, may be exposed to dust, fumes or gases and to changes of weather when exposed to outdoors at job sites or other locations.
The job duties listed in this job description may not be inclusive of all requirements of this position. Other duties may be assigned by your supervisor and/or manager.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions and related requirements of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements.
RigNet Inc. and its subsidiaries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, RigNet Inc. and its subsidiaries complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.