Automation System Technician
Installation and maintenance of process control and measurement systems typical of that used in the Oil and Gas production industry.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Individual must be capable of surveying for new equipment installations pertaining to smaller systems.
- Familiarity with Allen Bradley PLC equipment and associated programming software. Able to make minor software changes.
- Familiarity with Touch Screen Operator Interface products and downloading of application software. Able to make minor software changes.
- Knowledge of measurement system equipment including gas flow computers and LACT systems. Familiar with such products as manufactured by ABB Totalflow, Fisher (Floboss), Control Microsystems ScadaPack (Schneider Electric), Omni Flow Computers, etc.
- Knowledge of end devices typical of the Oil and Gas production industry (Pressure, Temperature, Flow transmitters. Pressure Switches, Radar for level measurement, etc.)
- Installation and trouble shooting of communications equipment including spread spectrum and licensed Ethernet radios, associated antenna and coax equipment, Ethernet switches and communication cables, RS485 and RS232 networks.
Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Basic Electronics or Industrial Technology diploma or 5 years experience working with equipment described.
- Familiarity with computers, setting up I.P. addresses and simple networks (home etc.), MS Office products.
1. Optimistic attitude
2. Communicate effectively
3. Professional and ethical behavior
4. Problem solver
6. Good listener
7. Must manage time efficiently and effectively
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional overnight travel and weekend and/or evening work.
Description: This position requires a moderate amount of stamina with the ability to perform the above essential job functions and within timetables. Some overtime work will be required.
Lifting: The employee must be able to lift up to 5 lbs. frequently and up to 25 lbs. occasionally for short durations.
Carrying: The employee must be able to carry up to 5 lbs. frequently and up to 25 lbs. occasionally for short distances.
Pushing/Pulling: The employee must be able to push/pull up to 5 lbs. frequently and up to 25 lbs. occasionally usually from desk level to floor or floor to desk level.
Other Physical Requirements: Upper extremity usage, motor coordination, range of motion, vision, hearing and balance should be in a range to safely preclude the harm or injury to the employee in this position or the harm or injury to other employees.
Environmental Considerations: The employee will in most cases work in a central air-conditioned building; however, may be exposed to dust, fumes or gases and to changes of weather when exposed to outdoors at job sites or other locations.
The job duties listed in this job description may not be inclusive of all requirements of this position. Other duties may be assigned by your supervisor and/or manager.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions and related requirements of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. RigNet Inc. and its subsidiaries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, RigNet Inc. and its subsidiaries complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.