Job Title :
Reports to :
Global Sales Engineering Director
The Sales Engineer is responsible for developing technical solutions in response to sales and customer requirements. The role requires liaising with the Sales, Engineering, Operations and Legal groups within the company to develop solutions that also meet the customer’s objectives.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Sales to increase revenue and margin by developing winning proposals and sound cost effective technical solutions
- Analyzes customer requirements to determine the optimum solution.
- Develops the most cost-effective technical solutions to meet the customer requirements.
- Determines the cost to deliver the solution.
- Ensures the solution is something that can be delivered within the required timescales.
- Helps the Account Managers set the customer’s expectations with regard to deliverables and timescales.
- Writes the formal documents for proposals with emphasis on the technical description and definition.
- Serves as a point of contact for any non-routine technical issues.
- Hands over all the technical and cost details of the service to the implementation and support teams after the contract win.
- Works with procurement to obtain vendor quotations in support of proposals and quotes.
- Assists with developing technical presentations for projects and sales activities.
- Provides the price analysis of the commercial and financial implications of bidding the project at specific price points with respect to the service cost. This is to allow sales to make an informed decision about what price they wish to sell a project at.
- Secures internal approvals before proposal is submitted to the customer.
- Identifies and clarifies customer requirements.
- 3-5 years of industry related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong analytical, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to create consensus and work cooperatively across functional teams.
- Ability to conceive/create new thinking and ideas pertaining to RigNet’s products and processes.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite, including MS Visio.
- Detailed and process oriented.
- Ability to effectively work independently with limited supervision under tight deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively balance several projects at once.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional overnight travel and weekend and/or evening work.
- Description: This position requires a moderate amount of stamina with the ability to perform the above essential job functions and within timetables. Some overtime work will be required.
- Lifting: The employee must be able to lift up to 5 lbs. frequently and up to 25 lbs. occasionally for short durations.
- Carrying: The employee must be able to carry up to 5 lbs. frequently and up to 25 lbs. occasionally for short distances.
- Pushing/Pulling: The employee must be able to push/pull up to 5 lbs. frequently and up to 25 lbs. occasionally usually from desk level to floor or floor to desk level.
- Other Physical Requirements: Upper extremity usage, motor coordination, range of motion, vision, hearing and balance should be in a range to safely preclude the harm or injury to the employee in this position or the harm or injury to other employees.
- Environmental Considerations: The employee will in most cases work in a central air-conditioned building; however, may be exposed to dust, fumes or gases and to changes of weather when exposed to outdoors at job sites or other locations.
- Optimistic attitude
- Communicate effectively
- Professional and ethical behavior
- Problem solver
- Good listener
- Must manage time efficiently and effectively
The job duties listed in this job description may not be inclusive of all requirements of this position. Other duties may be assigned by your supervisor and/or manager.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions and related requirements of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements.
RigNet Inc. and its subsidiaries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, RigNet Inc. and its subsidiaries complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.