Microwave System Specialist
Job Title :
Microwave System Specialist – Morgan City, La
Reports to :
Microwave System Coordinator
The Microwave System Specialist position involves the installation, maintenance, repair and support of voice and data Microwave communication systems on Offshore and land-based facilities. The Field Technician is responsible for remaining on rotational hitch in order to prepare, dispatch, coordinate, and support all aspects of the Microwave Network Infrastructure. This role must also be able to provide mid¬level system installation, commissioning, testing, and maintenance on RigNet's products and services overseas, onshore, and offshore as appropriate.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for performing customer support activities, which involve the service, installation, and trouble-shooting/repair of Microwave, LTE and satellite communications systems, Cisco VoIP telephony systems, Internet services, Intercom Systems, networking applications, and two-way radio systems on onshore and offshore sites, and remote locations.
- Must be well-organized person with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be available 24x7 when on call
- Up to 100% of time spent traveling when on call
- Must be able to take Job ownership throughout completion which includes: Time Sheets, Inventory Documentation, and Field Tickets
- Providing technical support and resource to ensure delivery of service.
- Liaison with clients, and groups within RigNet to ensure the timely delivery of service.
- Installation, commissioning and maintenance of all Microwave infrastructure equipment, including:
- Configuration, test and faultfinding of Microwave, LTE, Wimax and Satellite radios.
- Configuration, test and faultfinding of Auxillary power, DC and Battery systems.
- Assembly and installation of antenna systems
- To provide assistance to other Field Technicians during the installation, commissioning and maintenance of Microwave systems.
- To assist with the problem solving of technical issues within the company.
- Ad hoc duties as required.
- Comply with all safety requirements implemented by employer, customers, facility owners or vendors involved in the employee's daily tasks.
- Complete all required paperwork accurately, legibly and obtain proper approvals from job site location management.
Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- OIL & GAS FIELD EXPERIENCE STRONGLY PREFERRED!!
- Experience with and interest in commercial-grade Microwave, Wimax and LTE communications systems and Cisco networking equipment
- Minimum Associate Degree in related field or equivalent education in field work
- Associate's degree in electronic/engineering/telecom or data networks preferred
- Two to four years of experience in radio frequency communications systems
- Experience in computer networking systems and components a plus
- Experience in proper usage of a variety of hand tools
- Must be able to create and manipulate Microsoft Excel and Word Documents
- Computer and IP networking skills
- Must be customer focused and an effective communicator
- Comply with all safety requirements implemented by employer, customers, facility owners or vendors involved in the employee’s daily task, including but not limited to, PEC, H2S, Water Egress, Lock Out/Tag Out, First Aid/CPR, Lifting, Fall Protection, Climbing Techniques and etc.
- Valid state driver license required; good driving record
- Must be available on-call twenty-four (24) hour, seven (7) days a week, except for periods designated by the service supervisor
- Can obtain passport
- Can obtain TWIC card
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs. and have the ability to climb structures as required on land and offshore, installing communication and antenna systems
- Knowledge of Microwave systems and related equipment
- Ability to install, commission, and fault find Microwave systems and equipment
- Previous experience of installing, commissioning and fault finding of Microwave, Wimax, LTE and satellite systems and equipment
- Test Equipment - able to use a range of suitable test equipment including Spectrum Analyzers, BERT testers, Wattmeters, Power Meters etc
- PC literate
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work to meet both customer and company demands within a short timeframe
Working conditions are normal for a offshore environment. Work will requirel overnight travel and weekend and/or evening work.
Description: This position requires a moderate amount of stamina with the ability to perform the above essential job functions and within timetables. Some overtime work will be required.
Lifting: The employee must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and up to 100 lbs. occasionally for short duration.
Carrying: The employee must be able to carry up to 50 lbs. frequently and up to 100 lbs. occasionally for short distances.
Pushing/Pulling: The employee must be able to push/pull up to 50 lbs. frequently and up to 75 lbs. occasionally usually from desk level to floor or floor to desk level.
Other Physical Requirements: Upper extremity usage, motor coordination, range of motion, vision, hearing and balance should be in a range to safely preclude the harm or injury to the employee in this position or the harm or injury to other employees.
Environmental Considerations: The employee will in most cases work in a Onshore and Offshore Environment; however, may be exposed to dust, fumes or gases and to changes of weather when exposed to outdoors at job sites or other locations.
1. Optimistic attitude
2. Communicate effectively
3. Professional and ethical behavior
4. Problem solver
6. Good listener
7. Must manage time efficiently and effectively
The job duties listed in this job description may not be inclusive of all requirements of this position. Other duties may be assigned by your supervisor and/or manager.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions and related requirements of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements.
RigNet Inc. and its subsidiaries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, RigNet Inc. and its subsidiaries complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.