Cyphre Senior Network Engineer
Cyphre Senior Network Engineer
CEO, Cyphre, a RigNet Company
Director, Cyphre, Technical Product Management
At Cyphre, our mission is to protect data from cyberattacks through innovative technology and services. If you enjoy a fast-paced, collaborative, and fun startup culture, your skills and expertise are a perfect fit for the Cyphre Team.
Working alongside a collaborative, fast-paced, and highly-skilled team within a pseudo-startup work culture, this person will support the growth and stability of a managed network security service through a mix of both internal and customer interactions in both pre and post-sale efforts. The Senior CyberSecurity Network Engineer will bring extensive cabilities and experience in enterprise networking, with a focus on linux-based environments and security.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide insights on product enhancement, implementation, and support based on prior experience and working knowledge of the industry, both legacy and future-looking
- Assist in product development, deployment, operations, and management of a unique network security product platform
- QA test new version releases
- Design implementations, assist sales-engineering efforts
- Support existing customer deployments
- Troubleshoot complex routing layers and VPNs
- Provide system-level patches, upgrades, and configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availabilty and reliability, ensure capacity planning
- Compile and develop product documentation and procedures
Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Extensive experience in linux command line environments, especially Ubuntu
- Deep understanding of network, routing, and security protocols
- o i.e OpenVPN, VRF, VLAN, SSL, IPSEC, TLS, QOS, Load Balancing and High Availability, etc.)
- Ability to design network implementations and architecture. Develop high and low-level digrams in tools such as Visio
- Knowledge and experience with industry standard security protocols, procedures, standards, and compliance (e.g. FIPS 140-x, PCI-DSS, FISMA, HIPPA, NIST, FedRAMP, etc.)
- Cloud (AWS, Azure, etc.) and Storage network experience welcomed
- Product development experience welcomed
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional overnight travel and weekend and/or evening work.
Description: This position requires a moderate amount of stamina with the ability to perform the above essential job functions and within timetables. Some overtime work will be required.
Lifting: The employee must be able to lift up to 5 lbs. frequently and up to 25 lbs. occasionally for short durations.
Carrying: The employee must be able to carry up to 5 lbs. frequently and up to 25 lbs. occasionally for short distances.
Pushing/Pulling: The employee must be able to push/pull up to 5 lbs. frequently and up to 25 lbs. occasionally usually from desk level to floor or floor to desk level.
Other Physical Requirements: Upper extremity usage, motor coordination, range of motion, vision, hearing and balance should be in a range to safely preclude the harm or injury to the employee in this position or the harm or injury to other employees.
Environmental Considerations: The employee will in most cases work in a central air-conditioned building; however, may be exposed to dust, fumes or gases and to changes of weather when exposed to outdoors at job sites or other locations.
1. Optimistic attitude
2. Communicate effectively
3. Professional and ethical behavior
4. Problem solver
6. Good listener
7. Must manage time efficiently and effectively
The job duties listed in this job description may not be inclusive of all requirements of this position. Other duties may be assigned by your supervisor and/or manager.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions and related requirements of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements.
RigNet Inc. and its subsidiaries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, RigNet Inc. and its subsidiaries complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.