Job Title: NOC Supervisor – Houston, TX USA
Reports To: NOC Manager
The NOC provides remote support and network monitoring of server, communication systems and voice and data networking equipment on offshore and land-based facilities. The primary responsibility of the NOC Supervisor is to provide day to day supervisory support to ensure customer incidents are managed in accordance with NOC quality standards, the monitoring of the customer IT environments and that all responsibilities are carried out in compliance with the standard operating procedures.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote a strong culture of exceeding customer expectations and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Perform daily Global NOC tickets queue reviews/audits to ensure target key performance indicators (KPIs) are met and adherence to service level agreements (SLAs).
- Work closely with NOC managers and other functional managers to establish cross-functional process and procedures which strengthen the NOC to reflect the overall focus on customer service and technology management.
- Train NOC staff and must be able to manage employee performance and development by conducting performance planning and reviews, coaching employees, and carrying out disciplinary actions when necessary, in consultation with NOC Manager.
- This position requires exceptional customer service and communication skills, along with the ability to multitask in order to facilitate the resolution of multiple incidents at any given time.
- BA/BS degree in related technical field or equivalent experience
- Supervisor and Leadership experience required
- ITIL Certified a plus
- Root Cause Analysis and Reporting experience a plus
- CCNA, MCSE or other networking certifications a plus
- LTE a plus
- VSAT a plus
- Foreign languages a plus (Portuguese, Norwegian, French)
- 5+ years working in a customer facing organization where customer services skills are essential
- 3+ years of experience guiding and establishing procedures and process to operate technical operations center with strong customer service
- Experience working with ACD and ticketing software
- Experience working with Network monitoring software
- Rudimentary knowledge of troubleshooting VSAT systems or networking systems
- Proven customer service experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanor
- Proficient in technical management
- Strong organizational & time management skills
- Detail oriented
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional overnight travel and weekend and/or evening work.
Description: This position requires a moderate amount of stamina with the ability to perform the above essential job functions and within timetables. Some overtime work may be required.
Lifting: The employee must be able to lift up to 5 lbs. frequently and up to 15 lbs. occasionally for short durations.
Carrying: The employee must be able to carry up to 5 lbs. frequently and up to 15 lobs occasionally for short distances.
Pushing/Pulling: The employee must be able to push/pull up to 5 lbs. frequently and up to 15 lbs. occasionally usually from desk level to floor or floor to desk level.
Other Physical Requirements: Upper extremity usage, motor coordination, range of motion, vision, hearing and balance should be in a range to safely preclude the harm or injury to the employee in this position or the harm or injury to other employees.
Environmental Considerations: The employee will in most cases work in a central air-conditioned building; however, may be exposed to dust, fumes or gases and to changes of weather when exposed to outdoors at job sites or other locations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.