MetOcean Field Technician - UK
Ready to join the RigNet team? Our expertise and leadership provides customized communications services, applications, and cyber security solutions that enhance customer decision making and business performance. Our success is based on our employees who share a common commitment to innovation and creativity, and work together in a dynamic, rewarding environment. We are always open to meeting smart, talented, creative and driven individuals looking for a challenging and rewarding career! To learn more about RigNet, visit us at www.rig.net.
Job Title: MetOcean Technician - UK
Reference Number: 18R-035
Maintain, Install & Commission Weather Monitoring Systems offshore and onshore globally. As well as providing onshore support; repairs, calibrations, fault finding, assist with project builds.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete annual offshore maintenance visits, which includes preparing workscopes, sending out equipment in advance, completing a report on all findings and updating drawings.
- Assisting with building and testing of new systems.
- Repair and Test of Met Equipment in the workshop.
- Rotating Client Owned Equipment, as required
- Liaising with clients / suppliers, as required.
Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Good electronic and electrical back-ground
- Head for heights
- Previous experience of working offshore is preferred but not essential.
- Fully conversant with MS Office: Word and Excel.
- Good people skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work at weekends, as required.
- MetOcean Training will be provided.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions and related requirements of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements.
RigNet Inc. and its subsidiaries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, RigNet Inc. and its subsidiaries complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.