Position shall manage the SI Workshop facility, ensuring technical & wiring support on a wide range of turnkey telecoms projects. Primary tasks include: supervision, leadership and guidance of a team of wiremen & technicians, maintenance of consumable stock levels, ensuring valid calibration of all SI test equipment, QA inspections of all workshop output, and general workshop maintenance to ensure operational excellence and successful project delivery across the portfolio of TSI projects.
This role works in collaboration with the SI Engineering & Project Management
teams to ensure the effective delivery of projects and services to SI customers.
- Contribute to the SI departmental targets by creative allocation of work to make the most efficient use of the resources available.
- Administrative management of the SI Workshop Team; setting performance goals and objectives, resolution of issues, and establishing professional workplace environment to ensure good office morale, minimize employee turnover and make the workshop a desirable place to work.
- Identification and deployment of skills training or development required to execute and differentiate SI capabilities in our core market offerings within the Oil and Gas marketplace.
- Management of the SI Workshop Team resource by seeking industry accepted certifications, levels of knowledge and experience, technical alliances required to deliver projects in a competent and competitive manner.
- To provide effective management of the workshop consumable parts inventory, to ensure the timely ordering, delivery & availability of workshop consumable
- To provide effective management of the test equipment database, to ensure all test equipment is available when not already in use, and with valid calibration.
- Support the Quality program within SI operations which ensures compliance and
maintainability of an ISO certification across the SI organization performing
appropriate checks to audit/monitor our discipline to this program.
- Support the commitment of an HS&E program across all technical work groups that provides the appropriate training, awareness, and job planning for zero incidents and accidents, both in the workshop or customer worksites.
- Mentoring of other less experienced technicians
- Educated to minimum of ONC level (or equivalent) in a relevant technical subject.
- Experience of supervision of an Operational Workshop environment preferably in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Significant experience of Telecoms cabinet building & equipment wiring.