Job Title: Project Manager
Reports To: Global PMO Manager
Overall responsibility for implementation of any new project within the EMEA region. Ensure successful implementation with the goal of exceeding customers’ expectations. Be a technical and commercial resource for sales and marketing including assist in developing bids, assist in meetings with customers, etc. Special focus on developing and improving our solutions to reduce cost and improve capacity and quality, and ensuring customer satisfaction beyond implementation.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for all assigned project activities from initiation to project close.
· Manage all aspects of projects including scope management, schedule management, cost management, quality management, resource management, communications management, and risk management.
· Create, edit, and manipulate Microsoft Office documents and other systems used within the PM group.
· Coordinate with multiple departments to complete project work.
· Provide primary point of contact for all customer needs and requests from project initiation to project close.
· Assist the PMO with developing and constantly improving documentation including manuals, procedures, checklists, parts list, etc.
· Ensure that any technical issues are solved and that improvements are implemented to avoid re-occurrence as well as document lessons learned.
· Assist Sales in bid phase, attend technical meetings, plan demos, pilots, etc.
· Responsible for ensuring all processes and procedures are followed.
· Responsible for providing instruction and direction to field engineers assigned to the project.
· Responsible for communicating status and issues to customers and RigNet management.
· Responsible for ensuring 100% customer satisfaction from sales handoff to final customer acceptance.
· Travel to client offices to perform kick off, close off and update meetings as required.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Bachelor’s degree, with a technical concentration or
· Project Management Professional Certification preferred or
· Equivalent experience
· 5 years of technical experience, including installation, setup, administration and maintenance of communications systems offshore and onshore
· Offshore oil and gas project management and installation experience is a must
- Strong working knowledge of telecom voice and data services such as VSAT, Cisco and related wireless technologies
- Strong planning, analytical and technical skills with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience creating and manipulating schedules and project plans within Microsoft Project
- Customer focused and an effective communicator
· Ability to multitask many projects, people and activities at the same time
· Must possess a customer-first attitude
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional overnight travel and weekend and/or evening work.
Description: This position requires a moderate amount of stamina with the ability to perform the above essential job functions and within timetables. Some overtime work may be required.
Lifting: The employee must be able to lift up to 5 lbs. frequently and up to 20 lbs. occasionally for short durations.
Carrying: The employee must be able to carry up to 5 lbs. frequently and up to 20 lbs. occasionally for short distances.
Pushing/Pulling: The employee must be able to push/pull up to 5 lbs. frequently and up to 20 lbs. occasionally usually from desk level to floor or floor to desk level.
Other Physical Requirements: Upper extremity usage, motor coordination, range of motion, vision, hearing and balance should be in a range to safely preclude the harm or injury to the employee in this position or the harm or injury to other employees.
Environmental Considerations: The employee will in most cases work in a central air-conditioned building; however, may be exposed to dust, fumes or gases and to changes of weather when exposed to outdoors at job sites or other locations.
- Optimistic attitude
- Communicate effectively
- Professional and ethical behavior
- Problem solver
- Good listener
- Must manage time efficiently and effectively
Based on Experience
The job duties listed in this job description may not be inclusive of all requirements of this position. Other duties may be assigned by your supervisor and/or manager.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions and related requirements of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements.
RigNet Inc. and its subsidiaries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, RigNet Inc. and its subsidiaries complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.