GLOBAL CONTRACTS MANAGER
Job Title: Global Contracts Manager
Reports To: Associate General Counsel
Working as part of the Global Contracts Team, the Global Contracts Manager will help manage all aspects of the contracts process in cooperation with the other team members. This person will interface with Operations, Sales Account Managers, Sales and Finance Departments, Global Services, and customers to resolve contract issues. This individual will have significant responsibility for managing accurate contract database information. The Global Contract Manager will assist in the negotiation of service contracts and non-standard terms and conditions in accordance with company policies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the overall effectiveness and integrity of the contracts process
- Work with various departments to manage contract review requests and negotiations
- Manage, develop and administer contracts processes, templates and training from initial request through document retention
- Manage contract review process to insure contracts are prepared, approved, executed, maintained and terminated in accordance with company policy
- Modify contract information as needed. Uses defined metrics to ensure consistency and best practices.
- Manages contract approvals through appropriate levels of risk and management
- Coordinates RigNet policies and procedures to ensure consistent global contract policies and procedures
- Develop, train and implement work processes, policies and procedures
- Perform other duties/special projects as required.
- Frequent extended work hours required. This position is not a 40hr/ 8-5 schedule. Must be willing to work hours required to support function.
- Some travel may be required.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience with contracts; contracts experience within the energy sector preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Paralegal Studies.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize projects and deliverables.
- Time management skills and ability to work in extremely tight deadlines.
- Decision making and problem solving.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment.
- Computer and database skills.
- Strong understanding of contract administration including contract creation, maintenance, renewal and termination.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Other office software such as Docusign or electronic signature software.
- Familiarity with Conga Novatus contracts database a plus.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional overnight travel and weekend and/or evening work.
Description: This position requires a moderate amount of stamina with the ability to perform the above essential job functions and within timetables. Some overtime work may be required.
Lifting: The employee must be able to lift 25 lbs. frequently and up to 75 lbs. occasionally for short durations.
Carrying: The employee must be able to carry 25 lbs. frequently and up to 50 lbs. occasionally for short distances.
Pushing/Pulling: The employee must be able to push/pull 25 lbs. frequently and up to 75 lbs. occasionally usually from desk level to floor or floor to desk level.
Other Physical Requirements: Upper extremity usage, motor coordination, range of motion, vision, hearing and balance should be in a range to safely preclude the harm or injury to the employee in this position or the harm or injury to other employees.
Considerations: The employee will in most cases work in a central air-conditioned building; however, may be exposed to dust, fumes or gases and to changes of weather when exposed to outdoors at job sites or other locations.
- Optimistic attitude
- Communicate effectively
- Professional and ethical behavior
- Problem solver
- Good listener
- Must manage time efficiently and effectively
Based on Experience
The job duties listed in this job description may not be inclusive of all requirements of this position. Other duties may be assigned by your supervisor and/or manager.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions and related requirements of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements.